Friday, February 3, 2012

Print-tastic Skirt

Yesterday I designed the skirt pattern in 1/4 scale and then drafted it onto contractor's paper. I used "Pattern Drafting for Dressmaking" (which I have an e-copy of) and actually chose the first project, "side inverted pleat with dart shaping."
Today I have cut out the three pattern pieces and am trying to construct it. I've never made anything pleated before. When I'm at a loss I cast about for references. There's a little bit in "Complete Guide to Sewing," this picture tutorial, this pdf "Darts, Ease, Gathers, Pleats, Shirring, Tucks" that addresses the problem. What I am unsure about executing the is dart releasing the pleat...
University of Kentucky College of Agriculture Cooperative Extension Service - your PDFs are rad. I haven't found any lists of PDFs and just bump into y'all with google but when I find one, it's golden.
Anyway I should get back to that construction just thought I'd stop by and check in.

No comments:

Post a Comment