Saturday, February 13, 2016

Chiffon blouse: What a journey!

Well I made the last few stitches today and now it's hanging on my wall :)
Of course it's not really done until I've worn it... And I will take pictures when I do.
My overall impression of this experience has been that this is an easy pattern, chiffon isn't hard to work with if you have plenty of tricks, and I still really love this fabric.
I very much like having stripe matched as much as I did.
The hardest thing was finding a usable hem finish. My machine roller foot would just not work with chiffon. Too squirrelly. I ended up doing a hand rolled hem.
The most annoying part was when I found a bright pink stain on the bust piece!
Lame!
I had to recut the piece. I did have plenty of yardage left over so it was more irritating than anything. Here you see the piece is wrinkled because it's wet. While working on this garment I kept it flat and starched.
Speaking of washing, after I cut I realized I had never washed the fabric. Usually I was right after I buy but this fabric just got bagged and then ignored for a year. I believe in washing before cutting.

Well I've run out of things to say so until next time...






No comments:

Post a Comment