Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Un-Lose-Able Glasses Case

See More Pictures
My dad was using a glasses case that clips to his belt, and asked if I could make one for him. Sure, can do, and I can make it bright and un-lose-able too.

I started by finding the brightest fabric available locally, so it would be easy to find. This is an orange athletic fabric, smooth knit on one side and fuzzy fleece on the other. Then I found a swivel clip that seemed impossible to accidentally unclip.

To make it, I used a very firm interfacing (with adhesive on both sides) and sandwiched it between two layers of the orange. Then I quilted a diamond design on it. I added the big sport zipper, then put the bronze swivel clip on the spine.

I did not work off of any kind of pattern for this bag. I just used a pair of large sunglasses and tried to make something that would fit around it. Now that I've done one, I feel like I am ready to make another simple bag.

I gave this sunglasses bag to my dad over the winter holidays and said he liked it. I saw him in March, and he was actually using it, so I guess it's true. Plus... he hasn't lost it yet!


1 comment:

  1. hi. please advise how can i subscribe your blog. i am trying to click Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) but unsuccessful. thank you.

    ReplyDelete